Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcome To My Blog

Chip Olson is an award winning photographer living in Chiang Mai, Thailand over the past 5 years. Previously, he was an Award Winning Producer working in the film industry in Los Angeles and has since found his true passion travelling and shooting STILL images in Southeast Asia.

He aspires to capture the energy of landscapes, portraits, and the spirituality of Asia. He spends part of the summer music festival scene back in the U.S. shooting live music of many well known bands and musicians, where he has developed his own signature style, which he has termed Kinetic Energy Photography.

He was selected as a feature artist at the famous Lollapalooza Music Festival in 2006. He took 1st place in photography at the 2007 Chicago based Saint Charles Arts Festival, and 2nd place for Best in Show out of all artisitic mediums.

Photography has become his creative medium of choice.

"To me, it's more Poetography than Photography!

I have always been awed by the power of images. The ability to capture the spirit of the moment, the idea, the beauty or the nature of it all in a single photographic image has always inspired me.


I truly believe that to capture moments so beautiful and to create a storytelling brilliance that really shines, one needs to simply LISTEN.

When asked the question in a recent interview, 'When do you know exactly when to shoot the picture?' my reply was, "Something inside tells me this is it, what that something is exactly I can't really tell you, but I think it's in everyone and I just choose to listen."

That is the source of the well of creativity for me. That is what I aspire to share through my art."

- Chip Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment