Thursday, January 21, 2010

Buddha Art - Start with a Buddha, Take a Picture and Get Creative!

I have shot many buddhas in many countries in Southeast Asia over the years. I always wanted to use these images in a graphic art context and stumbled upon this "pop art" style accidentally.

I am really excited about the future of my Buddha Art. I printed and framed about a dozen images and placed them at a few Asian Home Decor stores in Los Angeles and had a good response.

They are a really good addition to my portfolio and look really good printed, on the computer or projected on a screen.


The best part is that there is no actual formula for creating these images...It is all trial and error...Start with a buddha image and get creative. That's about all I can say about it....

If I had to recreate a final Buddha Art image, I can tell you it would be extremely difficult since I have no idea what I did to get from the original buddha image to the final, colorful, warhol-esque design it became.

But that's what makes it fun....When it doesn't actually work, I simply don't save it and start working on it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment