Monday, January 25, 2010

Manadala Art Photography

The psychoanalyst Carl Jung saw the mandala as "a representation of the unconscious self.


About 2 years ago I was driving from Los Angeles to Chicago with my dog and stopped in Utah to do a small hike.

I was looking at some really psychedelic rock formations and noticed how they formed a mandala.

About an hour or so after I left the canyon I was hiking in and hit the road again, I had to pull over and pull out my laptop because I had this idea on how I could take certain images from my portfolio, especially ones of natural landscapes that had elements of trees, rocks or clouds, and create a mandala-like image.

I sat in a rest area for almost 2 hours working on a variety of images and left Utah into Colorado with a whole new graphic design body of work I now simply call - MANDALA ART PHOTOGRAPHY.

Most of my designs are created using original images  shot in Southeast Asia, but a few are from the  US - mostly from this trip where the idea began.

The best images certainly do include trees, clouds and rocks and the closer you look into the image the more mini-mandalas you will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment